Gorgeous Transit ELWB with bespoke roof rack & winch system for the sailing kayak.
Combining a professional-standard conversion, with beautiful hand-crafted features like hardwood counter tops and copper pipework/brass tap, every aspect of this conversion has been creatively and carefully thought out. From the bespoke roof rack & winch system for the sailing kayak, to the outside shower (capable of holding up to 50 litres!) this conversion has been thoughtfully engineered and lovingly crafted every step of the way, to utilise the space and practical nature of the vehicle, whilst creating a beautiful, cosy environment to enjoy on our travels.
Designed with the capacity (battery, gas & water storage) to live in off-grid. On a recent inaugural road-trip adventure through France & Spain with our dog Charlie, Ethel has proven herself with flying colours! The high quality of insulation kept her toasty warm through the snowy Alps, and nice and cool on the beaches of Southern France. The sale can include the fabulous Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak for an additional £4k (ovno). This will include mirage drives, lumbar supporting seats, sail, custom made trolley etc
• U-shaped lounge area converting into full king size bed (very rare in campers!)
• Multiple under bed/seat storage units (including the very important wine rack!)
• Beautiful hand crafted ‘London Plain’ hardwood kitchen worktops
• Unique Mexican tiles through kitchen
• Custom made sofa/bed cushions (medium density foam – very comfy!) covered in professionally fitted upholstery fabric (removable & machine washable)
• Unique table made from recycled floorboards from our old house! (doubles as part of the bed base)
• Folding toilet in discreet under-seat housing
• Stylish vinyl flooring
• Stainless steel sink
• Copper piped brass shut off tap with ‘Whale – Tip Toe’ water pump
• ‘Voyager 4500’ gas cooker – oven/grill/4x hobs
• ‘Dometic RM321’ 3-way fridge with custom-made chimney & 12v fan
• Window boxing (to help increase insulation) contains insulated roller blinds & attractive hand made curtains.
• Attractive 8mm softwood ‘tongue & groove’ cladding throughout
Electric & Solar / Power • 240w solar panels – 3x 80w @ 12v wired in parallel • 2000w Pure Sine wave inverter with remote screen • 2x 95AH @ C20 AGM leisure batteries with gas drop out (to future proof) • 4x double 12v USB charging points • 4x 12v cigar charging points in cab • Additional 240v sockets for shore power (x6) • LED spotlights, 3 x centre spotlights, 2 x cooking and washing spotlights, 2x flexi reading spotlights, remote operated multi-colour uplighting • 240v consumer unit
Gas • Underslung LPG gas tank (32 litre capacity) – Autogas filling point at rear with full European adaptor kit. • 3-way gas isolating manifold, for fridge, cooker and heater – sealed cupboard with gas drop out vent • Propex HS2000 LPG Heating with auto thermostat, vent fan & gas drop out • Hard wired gas alarm • CO/smoke alarm (battery operated)
Water • Underslung insulated fresh water tank (100 litre capacity) with drain off and breather pipe (tested in temp of -10 deg c) • Underslung insulated grey water tank (35 litre capacity) with drain off and breather pipe (tested in temp of -10 deg c) • Custom made, underslung hosepipe reel with approx. 60 metres of Hoselock piping
Safety has always been a prime concern in this detailed conversion from driver’s bulkhead, secure fixings throughout, venting for heating/gas etc, gas/CO/smoke alarms, fire extinguisher, safety escape hatch through to rear etc
Further details & additional photos happily provided on request.